NAStify Player for ATV4 Feature requests/Bug reports

Post here your bug reports/Feature requests
sylver
Site Admin

NAStify Player for ATV4 Feature requests/Bug reports

Postby sylver » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:48 am

You can post here your features requests and bug reports ;)
What has been done :
- SSA/ASS subtitles support (available since 1.2.1)
- Subtitles download from opensubtitles (available since 1.2.1)
- Allow to specify start folder (done for SMB/CIFS, available in 1.2.1)
- Allow users to delete files/folders (available since 1.2.1))
- Play next media item when playback of current one is finished (available since 1.2)
- Grid view (available since 1.2)
- Improved Media player interface (available since 1.2)
- Fix issues with TV with overscan (available since 1.2)
- Improve settings menu to be more clear (available since 1.2)
- AC3 support for everyone (available since 1.2)

What is in the list :
- Allow to configure subtitles delay
- Allow to disable automatic playback of next file
- Photo viewing
- Thumbnails of files
- Restore previous playing position when playing a video which has been played already (configurable)
- "Favorites" to allow to save favorites folders for quick access
- Dolby 5.1 & more support

Known bugs
- Video playback progress bar not correctly updated
- problems with FTPS browsing if path contains # or ?
- When playing DVD iso, you can't interact with DVD menu
- Pressing pause when playing a live stream is going to next media file

raziel2001au

Re: NAStify Player for ATV4 Feature requests/Bug reports

Postby raziel2001au » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:32 am

Quite a big bug for me... I got NAStify to play anime, and while the video works great (even Hi10p encoded videos play), I've not had a single file so far work with subtitles.

If you play an MKV with embedded subtitles, the subtitle is listed and selectable... but it doesn't do anything... no subs.

To reproduce, grab pretty much any anime episode released with soft-subs in an MKV container and try playing it and selecting the subtitle track. Maybe it only supports SRT subtitles, I dunno, most modern subs are done with ass/ssa subtitles. Either way, it doesn't work.

cjwalle

Postby cjwalle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:31 pm

So, when connecting to a remote FTP server to play video on my AppleTV4, the list of available content displays correctly, but none of it will play. It just goes to a black screen briefly, then returns me to the list of videos. Meanwhile, content from my Synology NAS plays just fine. Please help, playing ftp content is the reason I bought the app.

sylver
Site Admin

Postby sylver » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:08 pm

raziel2001au wrote:Quite a big bug for me... I got NAStify to play anime, and while the video works great (even Hi10p encoded videos play), I've not had a single file so far work with subtitles.

If you play an MKV with embedded subtitles, the subtitle is listed and selectable... but it doesn't do anything... no subs.

To reproduce, grab pretty much any anime episode released with soft-subs in an MKV container and try playing it and selecting the subtitle track. Maybe it only supports SRT subtitles, I dunno, most modern subs are done with ass/ssa subtitles. Either way, it doesn't work.

I've tested and you're right it's not working correctly ! I'll forward this issue to VLC team
cjwalle wrote:So, when connecting to a remote FTP server to play video on my AppleTV4, the list of available content displays correctly, but none of it will play. It just goes to a black screen briefly, then returns me to the list of videos. Meanwhile, content from my Synology NAS plays just fine. Please help, playing ftp content is the reason I bought the app.

Do you have some special characters in the user, password, path or filename ? I've tested ftp with success on my test Synology NAS, but as I have some simple passwords, the only problem I see could be because of special characters somewhere ...

cjwalle

Postby cjwalle » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:06 am

To be clear, the FTP server is a bitport.io server, not a Synology NAS. I have no special characters in the password (upper and lower case letters and numbers only). I do, however, have an @ in the username . Could that be causing it? And if so, is there any way of adding support for it? I have no way of changing my username.

sylver
Site Admin

Postby sylver » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 pm

I'll make some tests ASAP, but as "@" has a special meaning in urls, it's more than possible that it's the cause of the problems !

cjwalle

Postby cjwalle » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:00 pm

sylver wrote:I'll make some tests ASAP, but as "@" has a special meaning in urls, it's more than possible that it's the cause of the problems !

Understandable. Hopefully there is a way around it. I imagine using email addresses as usernames for remote servers isn't all that uncommon. Thanks for the effort.

sylver
Site Admin

Postby sylver » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Please send me a message to give me your email address, I'll add you to the beta testing group so you can check my corrections !

tgwaste

Postby tgwaste » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:43 pm

feature request: disable next video

DebbieFL

Postby DebbieFL » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:10 am

Re: Restore previous playing position when playing a video which has been played already

In Sylver's list.

Please make it user selectable. Resume or Start at Beginning

Return to “Bug reports/Feature requests”